Duct testing is now required in 29 states that have passed the 2009 or 2012 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC). According to Section 403.2.2 all duct systems outside of conditioned space must be verified for proper sealing by a pressure test. This code revision takes away the visual inspection option. Building Envelope Testing is required in the 2012 IECC. Although state code requirements vary, most municipalities are looking for trained professionals with credentials to complete this testing. This training will give you everything you need to be a Duct and Envelope Tightness Verifier.
Home Energy Partners’ Duct Envelope Tightness Verification for Code Compliance training will prepare you with the knowledge you need to:
- Meet the 2009 IECC code requirements for duct testing for your projects.
- Meet the 2012 IECC code requirements for building envelope testing
- Offer duct testing to HVAC contractors and builders in your area
- Meet ENERGY STAR Version 3 duct testing and building envelope requirements
- Reduce risks of costly callbacks
- Improve comfort and efficiency for your clients
Home Energy Partners’ Duct and Envelope Tightness Verification for Code Compliance training covers:
- Duct testing protocols & standards
- Building envelope testing protocols & standards
- Pros and cons of different duct testing methods
- In-depth videos illustrating the two main brands of blower doors and duct testers on the market
- How to complete the calculations needed for the code forms
- How to track down the location of duct leaks
- How the new code relates to the duct testing and envelope requirements of ENERGY STAR Version 3
Online & On-Demand
Home Energy Partners’ online, on-demand training works at your pace and on your schedule. All videos and presentations are recorded by our Building Science experts utilizing years of industry experience and knowledge. Watch the videos as often as you want, as many times as you want, for maximum comprehension.
Have a question during the class? Ask the experts in our user forums and expect an answer within 24 hours. Interact with other students in by responding to questions and offering tips from what you’ve learned.
Complete the training at your own pace, at the times that work best for your schedule, from anywhere in the world with an internet connection! Sign up now for instant access to our online courses and forums.
Quizzes and Testing
You’ll be quizzed on each module after its completion, so you’re sure you grasped the key concepts of each section. At the end of the course, you’ll be tested on your comprehensive understanding of the building science, testing preparation, protocols, and calculations required to be a DET Verifier. This test must be completed successfully in order to obtain your certification. But, don’t worry. You’ll be well prepared after completing the training modules and quizzes.
Discounted Testing Equipment
All students will receive special pricing on duct testing and blower door testing equipment as a result of attending this class.