HERS Rater Training
This is a 5 day (Monday-Friday) intensive training that will provide the student with the core skills required to perform energy ratings. As the basis for conducting a thorough home energy rating, students will learn how the house acts as a system. You will learn to professionally and scientifically evaluate any home’s energy performance and offer recommendations for improvements. You will learn how to utilize powerful diagnostic equipment and updated software to aid you in the energy analysis. You will also learn the latest energy finance and incentive programs that can help you expand your business.
- An understanding of how the house works as a system
- Principles of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment (including Blower Door and Duct Blaster)
- How to produce a complete home energy analysis using REM/Rate software
- How to create or expand your business using the home energy rating system
- How to certify an ENERGY STAR home
- HERS Rater Certification Process
Certified Building Programs
Energy ratings are commonly used as verification methods for programs such as Energy Star, LEED for Homes, and regional programs like NC HealthyBuilt Homes, EarthCraft, etc… This training will be teaching you how to perform the energy rating.Additional training will be needed to ensure that the Rater is able to provide proper program verification. We also suggest that Raters pursue additional training to learn diagnostic skills that will prepare you for the intricacies of existing buildings and their subtleties.
- Residential Energy by John Krigger
- Home Energy Rating Manual (Provided)